Southbay Storytellers and Listeners
Our next event will be our Winter Workshop and Swap Day in Palo Alto, on Saturday, February 11 from 9 am to 4 pm.
A network of people in the Silicon Valley who are dedicated to
making storytelling a vital part of our community and
improving our storytelling and listening skills
We hold story-swap meetings each month on the Second Sunday from 7 to 9 pm
in the Garden Room of the Los Altos United Methodist Church
on the corner of Foothill and Magdalena in Los Altos, California.
Visitors are always welcome to listen and to tell.
For more information about our meetings and the tellers active in our group,
contact Joy Swift 650-494-1383.
In addition we sponsor:
Winter Workshop and Swap Day in Palo Alto, California each February on the second Saturday.
Tales of the Basin, on the last weekend of July at Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz, California.
Los Altos Library Story Fest a free afternoon of storytelling on the first Saturday in December.
Tellabration(tm) Story Concert in Palo Alto, California each November.
For details on these and other local storytelling events throughout the year go to Storytelling events for 2016.
Links to More Storytelling
Local storytellers [in the Silicon Valley & Santa Cruz area]
- Steven T. Abell storyteller and writer
- Erica Lann-Clark storyteller
- Eth-Noh-Tec kinetic story-theater performances and workshops with Robert Kikuchi-Yngojo & Nancy Wang
- Spontaneous Combustion performances and workshops with tandem tellers Tom & Sandy Farley
- Story Friends Enid Davis teaches the art of Oral Storytelling and tells tales to the young and young at heart
- Gryphons Wild Sally Terris and Anita Baldwin explore the wild side of early music as a setting for stories
- Megumi a Japanese-American bilingual storyteller
- Tim Myers writer, storyteller, songwriter, teacher
Local Events & Organizations
- Tales of the Basin on the last weekend of July at Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz, California.
- Stanford Storytelling Project brings the power of performed story to Stanford University
through live and recorded events, courses, and grants.
- True Story presents people telling intimate stories from their lives
at themed storytelling parties in the Stanford area.
- SAC the Storytelling Association of California includes links to local story swap groups.
- CAstorytelling is a Yahoo Group on storytelling in California.
Local Sellers of Storytelling Resources
- Linden Tree a bookstore for children and families in Los Altos.
- Hicklebees a bookstore for children and families in in San Jose.
- Reach & Teach sells environmental and social justice resources in San Mateo.
- EarthLight telling the story of our home planet, will bring its travelling store of books, puppets, and CDs to your event.
Other Storytelling Networks
weaving our stories into the tapestry of life