Southbay Storytellers and Listeners
A network of people in the Silicon Valley who are dedicated to
making storytelling a vital part of our community and
improving our storytelling and listening skills
We hold monthly story-swap meetings on the Second Sunday of each month
from 7 to 9 pm at the Los Altos United Methodist Church on the corner of
Foothill and Magdalena in Los Altos. We are in the meeting room closest
to the stoplight. Visitors are always welcome to listen and to tell.
In addition we sponsor
Tellabration(tm) Story Concert in Palo Alto. California each November
Winter Workshop and Swap Day in Palo Alto. California each February
Tales of the Basin, on the last weekend of July at Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz, California.
For details on these and other local storytelling events throughout the year go to Storytelling events for 2013.
Links to More Storytelling
Local storytellers [in the Silicon Valley & Santa Cruz area]
Local Events, Organizations, & Resources
- Tales of the Basin on the last weekend of July at Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz, California.
- Stanford Storyteling Project brings the power of performed story to Stanford University
through live and recorded events, courses, and grants.
- True Story presents people telling intimate stories from their lives
at themed storytelling parties in the Stanford area.
- BASF the Bay Area Storytelling Festival presents a weekend of storytelling each May.
- SAC the Storytelling Association of California includes links to local story swap groups.
- CAstorytelling ia a Yahoo Group on storytelling in California.
- Linden Tree in Los Altos is a source for recordings of storytellers and books of stories to tell.
- Reach & Teach sells environmental and social justice resources in San Mateo.
- EarthLight telling the story of our home planet, will bring its travelling bookstore to your event.
Other Storytelling Networks
weaving our stories into the tapestry of life